The 8-Sided Star Market Building in Woburn, Mass.

The former Star Market in Woburn, Mass. always caught my attention. I mean, where could you find another octagon-shaped market in New England?

I always thought the eye-catching shape of this building allowed more merchandise to fill the interior. It sure seemed that way. This Star Market had everything and outperformed local markets like Purity Supreme, A&P, First National and Stop & Shop, in my humble childhood opinion.

Not that all Star Markets were this good, mind you. I generally found the others to be just Ok. Not the Woburn location, though, this was definitely the star destination of the chain.

Whole Foods eventually replaced this Star Market. I don't see the octagon shape anymore but I guess that's what happens when you cut corners. Sorry for that bad pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts