The Metro Deli, Boston, Mass.

Other than a few fellow Suffolk University alum, no one else I know seems to have remembered the Metro Deli on Cambridge St. in Boston.

How could it be that virtually not a soul has any recollection of this former deli on one of the busiest streets in Boston? The world may never know.

While my classmates were drinking too much beer and eating stale popcorn downstairs at nearby The Red Hat, I took a wiser, more cerebral path by enjoying many Thanksgiving-style turkey dinners at the Metro. It was so delicious each and every time! The Metro served this dinner and other meals in huge portions at low prices. It's amazing that few cash-strapped classmates didn't join me to take advantage of all this delicious food. Plus, the walk back to class burned off all those calories with that grueling quarter mile walk back to the Sawyer Building.

The Metro Deli was basically your classic old school deli with an ample amount of enployees working the kitchen and counter to serve the usual suspects like pastrami, corned beef, chicken noodle soup and potato knishs. Ahh, the memories of this outstanding Viking cuisine!

One other interesting footnote: Everyone who worked here seemed to look like comedian Richard Lewis. I dob't know why.

Does anyone else remember the Metro Deli? Please tell me it wasn't my imagination and not a bad dish from the Sun Tuey that made me delusional in thinking this restaurant existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts